Beat The Heat – $20,000 Giveaway
Terms and Conditions of Entry
*We will aim to install the winner’s pool this Summer. However, the installation date for any pool ordered during the promotional period is subject to the local pool builders’ availability, the time it takes to secure local permits and approvals, and prevailing weather.
- Information on how to enter the Beat The Heat – $20,000 Giveaway competition (‘Competition’) and prizes form part of these Terms and Conditions of Entry (‘Terms and Conditions’). Entry into this Competition is deemed acceptance of these Terms and Conditions.
- To the extent of any inconsistency between these Terms and Conditions and any other reference to this Competition, these Terms and Conditions prevail.
Who can enter
- Subject to the clauses below, entry is open to all permanent residents of New Zealand who have fulfilled the requirements set out in these Terms and Conditions (‘Eligible Entrants‘). Entrants must be over the age of 18, as of the date of entry.
- Employees and their immediate families, of the Promoter, associated agencies and companies, contractors or individuals or Narellan Pools franchisees/dealers and their immediate families, associated agencies or companies, contractors or individuals are not eligible to enter this Competition. Immediate family means any of the following: spouse, ex-spouse, defacto spouse, child or step child (whether natural or by adoption), parent, step parent, grandparent, step grandparent, uncle, aunt, niece, nephew, brother, sister, step brother, step sister or 1st cousin.
- The Promoter is Narellan Pools (NZ) Pty Ltd (NZCN 1345642) (the ‘Promoter‘). The Promoter’s address is 138 Ellis Street, Frankton, Hamilton 3204, New Zealand.
How to enter
- To enter Eligible Entrants must, during the Promotional Period (defined below) sign a Narellan Pools Swimming Pool contract and pay the deposit on the new pool to enter the Competition. Entrant must sign the contract between 9:00am on 6 September 2023 and 5:00pm on 13 October 2023 to enter into the draw (‘Eligible Product Purchase’). Deposit of contract to be received prior to the draw. Swimming pool must be installed on or before 30 June 2024 for prize to be redeemable. Kit pools, seconds pools and spas are not eligible to enter.
- Entries must provide contact details on request to be eligible to win. Entrants may only enter in their own name. Inaudible, incomprehensible, illegible, and incomplete entries may be deemed invalid.
Number of Entries permitted
- Only one entry per household will be permitted. The Promoter reserves the right to request whatever documentation it deems necessary to confirm if the entrant has breached this clause. An entrant must provide any requested documentation to the Promoter upon request. The Promoter may conduct an immediate redraw if the first drawn entrant is unable to satisfy this clause.
Open, Close, Draw and Publish dates
- The Competition commences on 6 September 2023 at 09:00 AM and closes 13 October 2023 at 05:00 PM (‘Promotional Period‘). All times noted in these Terms and Conditions are local times in New Zealand. If any draw date falls on a non-business day or public holiday in New Zealand, that draw will be conducted on the next business day. Entries must be received by the Promoter prior to the Competition close date and time.
- The winner will be the first valid entry drawn at random at the Promoter’s office at Level 4, 4 Columbia Court, Baulkham Hills, New South Wales, Australia on 17 October 2023 at 1:00 PM. The Promoter will ensure that all entries have an equal chance of winning a prize. The draw and the announcement of the prize winner will be scrutinised by an independent person.
- The winner will be notified in person within three business days of the draw. Their name(s) will also be published on 23 October 2023 at www.narellanpools.co.nz and on the Narellan Pools social media pages for at least 28 days.
- The Prize will be sent within 28 days of the draw.
- The Promoter may conduct such further draws on 21 November 2023 at 1:00 PM at Promoter’s Premises at Level 4, 4 Columbia Court, Baulkham Hills, New South Wales, Australia in order to distribute any prizes unclaimed by this date. Winners of any further draws will be notified by email within three business days of the draw. Their names will also be published on 27 November 2023 at www.narellanpools.co.nz for at least 28 days.
Prize on offer
- The total prize pool is valued at up to NZD $20,000 (including GST), as at 30 August 2023.
- The total number of winners in this Competition is one. The prize on offer is:
|Number of winners
||Value of prize
||$20,000 off your pool contract.
Further Terms and Conditions
- The Prize is only available for Eligible Entrants in our franchisee serviced territories.
- The Promoter reserves the right to request winners to sign a winner’s deed of release (and indemnification) or any other relevant forms or agreements that the Promoter deems necessary, to provide proof of identity, proof of age, proof of permanent residency at the nominated prize delivery address and/or proof of entry validity (including phone bill) in order to claim a prize. Proof of identification, permanent residency, age and entry considered suitable for verification is at the discretion of the Promoter (acting reasonably). In the event that a winner cannot provide suitable proof, the winner will forfeit the prize in whole and no substitute will be offered.
- The Promoter reserves the right to conduct a redraw in the event that an entrant, claiming to be a winner, is unable to satisfy these Terms and Conditions or has breached these Terms and Conditions.
- Customer must sign pool contract(s) between dates 6 September 2023 at 09:00 AM and closes 13 October 2023 at 05:00 PM to enter.
- Deposit of pool contract to be received before draw date to be eligible for draw.
- Prize amount will be deducted from the total price (including GST) of the pool contract.
- If there is an outstanding balance after the prize amount has been deducted, this will still need to be paid. If the prize amount exceeds the total pool contract price (including GST), the balance is not redeemable for cash.
- Not transferable for cash.
- Not eligible for entry or winning if contestant wins another competition from any of our dealers that have a competition running at the same time or overlapping time.
Privacy Collection statement
- By submitting an entry into this Competition, entrants consent to receive promotional and other marketing messages from the Promoter (including messages sent electronically for an unlimited period of time). Entrants will be able to opt-out at any time by following the instructions included in each message sent by the Promoter.
Copyright, Statutory guarantees, Waiver and liability
- All entries and any copyright subsisting in the entries become and remain the property of the Promoter who may publish or cause to be published any of the entries received.
- In participating in the prizes, the winners agree to participate and co-operate as required in all editorial activities relating to the Competition, including but not limited to being interviewed and photographed. The winners (and their companions) agree to granting the Promoter a perpetual and non-exclusive licence to use such footage and photographs in all media worldwide, including online social networking sites, and the winners (and their companions) will not be entitled to any fee for such use.
- Prize-winners are advised that tax implications may arise from their prize winnings and they should seek independent financial advice prior to acceptance of that prize.
- The Promoter (subject to New Zealand legislation) reserves the right to amend, cancel or suspend this Competition if an event beyond the control of the Promoter corrupts or affect the administration security, fairness, integrity or proper conduct of this Competition. The Promoter will disqualify any individual who has tampered with the entry process or any other aspect of this Competition. In particular, computer generated entries and the use “scripting” is not permitted and will not be accepted.
- Any cost associated with accessing the promotional website is the entrant’s responsibility and is dependent on the internet service provider used.
- Nothing in these Terms and Conditions limit, exclude or modify or purports to limit, exclude or modify the statutory consumer guarantees as provided under the Consumer Guarantees Act 1993, as well as any other consumer protections under the Fair Trading Act 1986 or any other similar consumer protection laws in New Zealand (‘Non-Excludable Guarantees‘).
- Except for any liability that cannot by law be excluded, including the Non-Excludable Guarantees, the Promoter (including its respective officers, employees and agents) is not responsible for and excludes all liability (including negligence), for any personal injury; or any loss or damage (including loss of opportunity); whether direct, indirect, special or consequential, arising in any way out of: (a) any technical difficulties or equipment malfunction (whether or not under the Promoter’s control); (b) any theft, unauthorised access or third party interference; (c) any entry or prize claim that is late, lost, altered, damaged or misdirected (whether or not after their receipt by the Promoter) due to any reason beyond the reasonable control of the Promoter; (d) any variation in prize value to that stated in these Terms and Conditions; (e) any tax liability incurred by a winner or Entrant; or (f) use of a prize.
- The Competition and these Terms and Conditions are governed by the laws of New Zealand.